The Michaud family spent their summers at this camp, which has graced a point on the lower pond since the 1930s.
The Kelsey family has enjoyed Miles Pond since the 1930s. Ralph and Lillian purchased camp We-Lik-It from the Corriveau family in 1939, when the taxes on this camp were just $18 per year! The camp had been named by the Corriveaus -- but the Kelseys liked the name so much, they kept it.
Like many, this camp has been renovated and expanded at least once since then, and now features a beautiful enclosed porch overlooking Miles Mountain.
The Beanes built their original camp "The Posy Patch" in 1958, on land purchased from Leonard Goss. Notice that Miles Mountain and the Drown farm on Route 2 were visible from the roads along the north side of the pond in these early years.
Mr. Beane apparently had so much fun building the camp that when it was finished, he ordered plans by mail and built a wooden speedboat!